Independent Study Prenatal/Postnatal Fitness
- interested in learning more about prenatal and postnatal considerations in exercise
- preparing to become a PCE certified prenatal/postnatal fitness instructor (CPFI)
Course Requirements to receive CE credit:
- must complete required readings in the books provided, Pre- and Postnatal Fitness by Lenita Anthony and Exercising through Your Pregnancy by James F. Clapp, MD.
- must view videos provided by PCE
- must complete study modules within 6 months of receiving them
PCE supplies program manual, textbooks, videos and study modules.
This program covers relevant topics such as:
- The anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- ACOG guidelines for pre/postnatal fitness
- Program components
- Stability ball
- Resistance training in pregnancy
- Pregnancy Yoga
- Pregnancy Pilates
- Aquatic exercises for pregnancy
- Nutrition in the perinatal period
- Postnatal considerations
- Designing a pre/postnatal fitness program
Continuing Education Credit
Successful candidates receive 16 contact hours. “Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13154 for 16 contact hours.”
The independent study prep course is $325.00 which includes program book, textbook, videos and study modules.
PCE Member Price: $305.00.
Please note: Prep course does not include certification exam.
Click here for Certification Examination information and fees.
3 or more people registered for same course:
$315.00 per person (discount only applies when preregistered and prepaid together).
Only one discount can be applied.
Refunds and Cancellations
No refund issued after course material sent.
Click here to download a registration form to register by mail.
Mail completed registration form to:
Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc., 219 Central Avenue, Hatboro, PA 19040
Or email completed registration form and payment to PCE@childbirtheducation.org.
Completed registration forms and payment must be submitted together in order to be processed.