Independent Study Infant Massage Instructor
- interested in learning the art of infant massage
- preparing to become a PCE certified infant massage instructor/educator (CIME)
Course Requirements to receive CE credit:
- must complete required readings in the textbooks provided: “Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents” by Vimala McClure; “Touch and Massage in Early Child Delvelopment” by Tiffany Field, PhD
- must view videos provided by PCE
- must complete study modules within 6 months of receiving them
PCE supplies program manual, textbooks, videos and study modules.
This program covers current, research-based topics such as:
- History and research of touch
- Benefits of infant massage for newborns and parents
- Methodology of strokes
- Altering techniques for circumstances such as colic, constipation and teething
- The premature infant
- Massage for children as they grow
- Program design
Continuing Education Credit
Successful candidates receive 16 contact hours. “Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13154 for 16 contact hours.”
The independent study prep course is $325.00 which includes program book, textbook and flash drive with videos and study modules.
PCE Member Price: $305.00.
Please note: Prep course does not include certification exam.
Certification exams can be taken in your area with your own proctor.
Click here for Certification Examination information and fees.
3 or more people registered for same course:
$315.00 per person (discount only applies when preregistered and prepaid together).
Only one discount can be applied.
Refunds and Cancellations
No refund issued after course material sent.
Click here to download a registration form to register by mail.
Mail completed registration form to:
Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc., 219 Central Avenue, Hatboro, PA 19040
Or email completed registration form and payment to PCE@childbirtheducation.org.
Completed registration forms and payment must be submitted together in order to be processed.