- working with lactating women
- interested in obtaining accurate, evidence-based and current information about lactation management
- preparing to become a board certified lactation consultant (IBCLC)
- preparing to become a PCE certified breastfeeding counselor (CBC)
Course Requirements to receive CE credit:
- Complete written assignment
- Attend 2 day course
This 2 day program follows the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative outline and will cover relevant, research-based topics such as:
- The role of the healthcare professional
- Anatomy and physiology of the breast
- Latch on and suck assessment
- Guidelines for the first week
- Nutritional needs of the nursing dyad
- Management of common problems
- Special needs such as prematurity, late preterm, multiples, cleft lip/palate, neurological problems, relactation
- Lactation aids
- Supporting and empowering women and their infants
Each program day is 8 hours and includes AM coffee. Comfortable clothing is recommended.
This PCE course is taught by a nurse who is a board certified lactation consultant that is experienced in all areas of maternal child health and perinatal education.
Continuing Education Credit
Our faculty is dedicated to quality continuing education for nurses by meeting or exceeding the competencies and program guidelines for perinatal education determined by AWHONN. This course is approved for 16 contact hours by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, which is accredited as an approver of continuing education in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. “Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13154 for 16 contact hours.” This program is approved by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners for 16 L-CERP’s.
Early tuition of $300.00 must be paid in full three weeks prior to the course date. Tuition received after three weeks prior is considered late, and increases to $325.00.
Please note: Prep course does not include certification exam.
Click here for Certification Examination information and fees.
3 or more people registered for same course: $290.00 per person (discount only applies when preregistered and prepaid together).
Only one discount can be applied.
Refunds and Cancellations
To receive a refund (does not include non-refundable $95.00 registration fee) cancellation must be received in writing at least three (3) weeks prior to scheduled course date. No exceptions will be made, and credit will not be given toward another program. PCE will accept substitutions for registrants only if the PCE office is notified at least 5 days prior to the course. PCE reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient registration or other circumstances beyond our control. A full refund will be given if such a cancellation does occur.
Click on a date in the right column to register online. Click here to download a registration form to register by mail.
Mail completed registration form to:
Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc., 219 Central Avenue, Hatboro, PA 19040.
Or email completed registration form and payment to PCE@childbirtheducation.org.
Completed registration forms and payment must be submitted together in order to be processed.